We just picked our first zucchini! (I won’t be this excited in August). Frank and I just love this quick easy recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cubed zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat; stir in zucchini, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; cook and stir until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cream cheese into zucchini mixture; cook until cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in oregano.