What to do with one or two left over apples? Make these oh so good apple bars.
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 cup apples – peeled, cored and finely diced
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8×8-inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix melted butter with sugar and egg. Mix in flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, and then stir in apple and walnuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until a small knife inserted in the center comes out clean.