If you’re looking for a new way to entice your family to eat their fruits and vegetables, these salad parfaits may do the trick. They are pretty to look at and even better to taste!
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) baby spinach
- 4 cups assorted fruit, cut into bite-size pieces (i.e. banana, orange, apple, kiwi fruit, blackberries, strawberries etc.)
- Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe below)
- Toasted walnuts
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. poppy seed
- Whisk together all ingredients until blended.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Alternate layers of spinach and fruit in four goblets or glass bowls. Drizzle with Poppy Seed Dressing. Garnish with toasted Walnuts. It’s worth the effort to toast them — just 5 minutes in a 350 oven. It really brings out the flavor.