This delightful chicken dish is perfect for an easy dinner for two. We like it with salad and wild rice as a side dish.
• a 3/4-pound whole skinless boneless chicken breast, halved lengthwise
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons dry white wine
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon drained bottled capers, chopped
• 3 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
Halve the chicken pieces horizontally with a sharp knife and flatten them slightly between sheets of plastic wrap. In a large heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil over moderately high heat until the foam subsides and in the fat sauté the chicken pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper, for 1 minute on each side, or until they are cooked through. Transfer the chicken with tongs to a platter and keep it warm, covered loosely. Pour off the fat in the skillet, to the skillet add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the wine, and the lemon juice, and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the capers, the parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and spoon the sauce over the chicken.