Many of you know we love to ski. Here’s a great recipe for slow cooker beef sandwiches we throw in the crock pot before we head to slopes. It’s the perfect après ski dinner – just add really good chips and a salad alongside and of course, a glass of wine.
- 1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (10.5 ounces) can beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian salad dressing mix (such as Good Seasons®)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place beef chuck roast into a slow cooker and scatter onion quarters around the
meat. Pour the beef broth over the meat and sprinkle the au jus mix, Italian salad
dressing mix, salt, and black pepper over the roast.
2. Cover cooker, set on Low, and cook until meat is very tender, 6 to 8 hours.
3. Shred beef with fork. Serve on crusty rolls with your favorite condiments.
Original recipe makes 8 servings