These wonderful little treats got rave reviews this week. Guests even asked to take leftovers home. Of course, we said yes and gave them the recipe, too.
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can Pillsbury® Big & Buttery refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s® premier white baking chips
- 1/3 cup Mango Jam or Sweet Orange Marmalade
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in lemon juice on low speed. Stir in lemon peel and coconut until well mixed. Set aside.
2. Unroll crescent dough onto ungreased cookie sheet; separate into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 8 squares. Place 16 of the squares 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Spoon heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in center of each square. Top cream cheese mixture with remaining dough squares, placing each of the squares at an angle so points of the square hang over the middles of the sides of the bottom square to look like shape of the sun. Press edges of dough around cream cheese mixture to seal.
3. Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, melt white chips and mango jam, stirring constantly, until melted smooth. Spread glaze over rolls. Serve warm.