Chicken Corn Soup. Here is a quick version of our famous local favorite. It’s the perfect comfort food for a blustery day and so easy. We’re sure you are going to love our chicken corn soup recipe!
- 1 (3 1/2 lb.) chicken or 3 1/2 lb. chicken parts
- 3 qt. water
- 1 lg. onion, diced fine
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 2 1/2 c. whole kernel corn (yellow or white)
- 2 c. cream corn
- 1/2 can condensed cream of celery soup. (I add the whole can).
- In a large pot, place chicken, water, onion, celery, white pepper, salt and celery seed.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook for 2 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pot. Pick all the meat from the chicken discarding the skin, bones, grizzle and any excess fat.
- Dice the chicken meat and return it to the pot.
- Add the kernel corn, cream corn and condensed celery soup to the pot.
- For a traditional taste, you can also add some chopped hard boiled egg just before serving.
- I also sometimes add a little parsley for color and sour cream as I serve it –just because we like sour cream