This delightful and heart healthy recipe is a favorite in our house. We just had it with fresh asparagus from the garden along side. The mustard dill sauce is wonderful and good with all types of fish. Yum!
Salmon Cakes —
- 3 medium Idaho baking potatoes
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon finely minced
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbl. minced fresh Italian parsley
- 12 oz. cooked fresh or canned salmon, skin and bones removed
- 2 egg whites stiffly beaten
- Mustard Dill Sauce
- Pre heat oven to 350. Bake potatoes 1 to 1 1/2 hours. (or microwave but I like the texture of oven-baked better. Cool Slightly.
- Scoop out flesh from skins and mash. Let cool completely.
- Mix the potato with lemon juice, lemon zest, dill and parsley. Gently mix in salmon. Fold in egg whites. Form mixture in 12 patties. 2” in diameter and ½ “ thick.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat, Spray with canola oil.
- Fry cakes five minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve immediately with mustard dill sauce. Serves 4
Mustard Dill Sauce —
- 4 Tbl. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbl. sugar
- 2 Tbl. white vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tbl. fresh minced dill
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. May be served cold or warm.