If you’re thinking — Oh No! Brussels Sprouts! This recipe just might change your opinion of this much maligned vegetable. It makes a lot so it’s the perfect side dish for a holiday or family gathering. We love it with turkey or a pork roast. Try it you’ll like — I promise.
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 pounds Brussel sprouts, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cook the bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Remove the bacon using a slotted spoon, and drain
- on paper towels. Reserve 1/4 cup drippings in the skillet..
- Combine the Brussels sprouts, olive oil and salt in a large bowl. Place the sprouts on the
- prepared baking sheet and bake until tender, about 20 minutes. Turning every so often.
- Add the vinegar, brown sugar and mustard to the reserved bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is reduced by half, about 6
- minutes. Pour the mixture over the sprouts, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with the bacon. Serve