After the air becomes crisp and the leaves have lost their golden luster of autumn, there is another season that visitors and residents of Hershey, PA look forward to. The thrill of the holiday season is now in full swing in and around Hershey, and perhaps no other time of year is quite as festive and romantic.
Although there is always plenty to do in and around Hershey, there are “10 Activities To Do in Hershey for the Holidays” that the Inn at Westwynd Farm highly recommends. Here is a list of our favorites, including something for everyone in your entire family:
- Christmas Candy Lane: It’s always at the top of our list. It’s simply magical! This year it’s bigger and brighter than ever, with over four million twinkling lights. In addition to the other rides, four of the favorite coasters will be running, too. The view should be amazing from the peak of the Wildcat. Of course, there’s plenty of holiday treats, shopping, and entertainment!
- Hershey Sweet Lights: If you’d prefer to stay a bit warmer, you can drive the family to enjoy close to 600 light displays of the Hershey Sweet Lights. Many of these displays are animated, which is exciting for kids and grownups alike!
- Santa Visit: If you have little ones, Santa will be available at Hershey Park. He’s here for the children and ready to see if they’ve been nice (or naughty). You will also get a great photo opportunity of some live reindeer. Ask your children if they can spot Rudolf!
- Ice Skating at Rudolph’s Skating Pond: Speaking of all ages, ice skating is a fun way to spend an afternoon. We love having fun at Rudolph’s Skating Pond!
- Live Entertainment: Throughout the holiday season, music is part of the underlying charm of Hershey, Pennsylvania’s region. This year’s show at Hershey Park is called, “A Music Box Christmas: The Littlest Tree” and the show is appropriate for all ages.
- Hershey Lodge: From November 27th to December 27th, the Chocolate Avenue Christmas Dinner Theatre will be open at Hershey Lodge. There will be an EMMY Award winning team of performers at this year’s Chocolate Christmas, transporting Broadway to the home of delicious chocolate.
- Craft Breweries: Chase away the cold chill of winter by touring the many craft breweries and wineries in the Hershey area.
- Museums: For history buffs, the Hershey area has a rich and interesting past. You can experience it first hand – while getting a fascinating look at how our festive town came to be – at places like the Hershey Derry Township Historical Society and the Hershey Story. Both have some wonderful holiday events planned, such as “Snowball Saturdays” and “Little Elves Workshop”. There are also super toy train exhibits at both the Antique Car Museum and the Historical Society.
- ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park: Bundle up and enjoy eleven acres of wildlife at ZooAmerica, a unique walk-thru zoo that will give your family a chance to see real reindeer, mountain lions, bears, beavers, owls and more. The Wild Winter Adventure is scheduled for December 19 – 20th, 2015 but you can explore this awesome wildlife sanctuary most any day of the week from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the winter months.
- Inn at Westwynd Farm: Don’t miss the opportunity to stay at our remarkable Inn, where we will have plenty of tea, coffee and hot cocoa to warm up our guests after a long day of fun holiday festivities. Rest in comfort and serenity as you visit and enjoy the Hershey, PA region this holiday season!
This Top 10 Activities in Hershey for the Holidays list is just a few of the many activities in and around our region this holiday season. We’re always happy to spend time helping you plan the things that will make your visit to Hershey memorable. We’re looking forward to having you join us! Book your stay today. Please call 717-533-6764 to ask about rates.