Warm up this winter with a deliciously cozy and sweet baked good or two. There’s nothing better than curling up by the fire with a hot cup of coffee and indulging in some home baked goodness. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups of flour
- 1⁄2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup of milk
- 1⁄3 cup of melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup of butter
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and allspice until they are nicely blended together.
- Beat eggs, melt butter, and add egg, milk and butter.
- Add all wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- For something extra you can add a topping of sugar and cinnamon combined.
- Brush butter onto warm muffin and dip top of muffin into the topping mixture.
Source: Genius Kitchen