Hershey, PA is a well-known summer destination as visitors and residents alike enjoy HersheyPark amusement park. During the fall months, thousands flock to see Pennsylvania’s glorious fall foliage. But during the winter months, Hershey simply sparkles. From skiing and tubing to a walk-through zoo, there’s plenty to enjoy in the fresh outdoor air. So bundle up, and get ready to enjoy these fun outdoor winter activities around Hershey, PA!
Winter Hiking Trails
There are many pristine trails to trek by boot during the winter months.
- Horse Shoe Trail (5 minutes from the Inn) – A short drive or walk from the farm, this lovely wooded trail meanders beside the Manada Creek. It is marked with blazes but quite level and beautiful in every season with abundant birds and wildlife.
- Memorial Lake State Park (14 minutes from the Inn) -This open park offers 2 miles of trails for a casual trek through most of the park. Along the way, you’ll appreciate the peaceful, scenic views of the lake.
- Jonathan Eshenour Memorial Trail (14 minutes from the Inn) – Beginning in a rural area just south of Hummelstown, this trail meanders east to Palmdale past parks, neighborhoods, and some commercial establishments. Amenities along the trail include benches, gazebos, and interpretive signs for historic and natural attractions.
- Swatara State Park (22 minutes from the Inn) – This 3,520-acre state park features rolling fields and woodlands in the valley of Second and Blue mountains, and 18.2 miles of mostly flat and wide trails. Plus, the Swatara Creek travels the length of the park offering scenic views of forests and wetlands.
- Gifford Pinchot State Park (40 minutes from the Inn) – This state park is located in Northern York County and situated on 2,338 acres with 18 miles of trails. Scenic highlights include farm fields, wooded hillsides, and a 340-acre lake. Most of the park’s trails interconnect so you can customize your trek to your needs.
Roundtop Mountain Resort
Sledding and tubing enthusiasts will enjoy Roundtop Mountain Resort’s 10 large tubing lanes. The runs are 800-feet long with an overall vertical drop of 80 feet! No experience is necessary to enjoy these tubing thrills and wintertime fun.
Skiing & Snowboarding
In addition to tubing lanes, Roundtop Mountain Resort’s 600-foot mountain features 20 skiing and snowboarding trails for all levels. From beginning lessons at the Learning Center to the extremely difficult Upper Gunbarrel and Upper Ramrod trails, there’s fun to be had for everyone. Want to learn? Roundtop offers both group and private skiing and snowboarding lessons.
This family-friendly zoo isn’t just for kids. Experience nature up close and personal as you walk through this North American wildlife park. You’ll catch sight of a variety of critters, big and small, such as: black bears and gray wolves, mountain lions and bobcats, alligators and snakes, and so much more.
At the end of a fun-filled day of outdoor winter activities around Hershey, PA, imagine coming back to your luxurious guest room and warming up in front of the fireplace. Or take a soak in one of our jetted spa tubs. After a good night’s rest, wake to a delicious breakfast at whatever time you choose. Our menu changes daily from a savory to sweet main course accompanied by fresh fruit and breads. Book your winter getaway today!