Guests always have a fabulously fun time when they stay with us at our Hershey, PA bed and breakfast. We are located less than 4 miles from one of the area’s top attractions – Hershey Park. Hershey Park is really three parks in one! You can spend a day getting lost and having fun in each “park” for a full three-day getaway in Hershey. Stay with us and enjoy being near all the fun, yet seemingly miles away when you’re ready to relax. Here are 7 reasons to visit Hershey Park PA. You’ll want to return again and again. We’ll be right here ready and waiting to make your stay an unforgettable one.
First… What’s New for 2022 at Hershey Park
- Jolly Rancher Remix (opens May 28, 2022) is a re-imagined roller coaster that blasts you through the flavor tunnel, inverting 6 times in 90 seconds, all while jammin’ to sweet tunes. Each ride is different, so choose from 5 randomized flavor rides, such as Watermelon or Green Apple
- Hershey’s Chocolatetown is a $150M addition with a new record-breaking roller coaster, Candymonium, and the new Chocolatier Restaurant, Bar + Patio.
- The popular Carrousel has moved to a new place of prominence – inside the new Chocolatetown!
- King-Size Milkshake Flavors: Kissing Tower, Reese’s Cheesecake, Ice Cream Sundae.
- Hershey Park Goes Cashless – accepting all major credit cards, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and Hersheypark gift cards.
#1 – Rides & Attractions
Hershey Park features a whopping 70 rides, so there is plenty of fun for all. Discover 15 roller coasters from “mild to wild!” Of course, every ride is themed in Hershey’s candies.
Candymonium – Candymonium, Hershey Park’s newest and greatest ride, is now the tallest, fastest, longest, and sweetest coaster in the park. You’ll immediately notice the Hershey’s candy theme and soon experience the heart-pounding thrills at every turn. First, you’ll ascend 210 feet before descending into drops, which include 7 camelback hills offering the most “airtime” in Hershey Park. Speeds reach 76 mph. This out-and-back-style coaster reaches speeds of 76 MPH, boasts 4,636 feet of milk chocolate track, and spans 7 acres! All this creates a 2-minute and 26-second thrill ride.
The Boardwalk Water Park – This 11-acre water park inside Hersheypark is open from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day and features 15 different water rides. Float leisurely down the 1,360-foot long and 2-foot deep intercoastal waterway featuring bridges and waterfalls; swim and splash around in the wave pool; zoom down crazy and colorful water slides. Don’t miss Tidal Force! You’ll climb a steep, 100-foot incline before diving downhill at over 50 mph for the biggest splash of your life.
#2 – ZooAmerica
Animal lovers will find heaven inside Hershey Park’s ZooAmerica. Open year-round, you can meander down 11 acres of beautiful tree-lined paths as you watch and admire over 200 different animals from all over North America. Access to ZooAmerica is included with your Hersheypark ticket. If you visit this impressive zoo, then be sure to book one of their unique and worthwhile Behind the Scene Tours. Experienced guides will take you through non-public spaces offering opportunities to get closer to the animals. You will also gain a better understanding of these precious creatures and the efforts ZooAmerica makes to create a natural habitat.
- After Hours Tour (two-hour guided tour after zoo closes)
- Early Bird Tour (two-hour guided tour before the zoo opens)
- Unique Photography Tour (two-hour tour while behind the camera – for all skill levels)
#3 – Chocolate World
Chocolate World is open all year and located next to Hersheypark. There is so much sweet fun to choose from: take a Free Chocolate Tour Ride; Create Your Own Candy Bar; experience a 4D Chocolate Mystery; take a ride on the Hershey Trolley Works; learn the art and science behind chocolate tasting at Hershey’s Unwrapped; and learn the ins and outs of Chocolate & Wine Pairing.
#4 – Shopping
Whether you’re looking for comfy t-shirts, leather goods, Christmas gifts, photos to frame, souvenirs to save, or beachwear for the Water Park, you’ll find it all here (and more), including all those delectable sweets in the World’s Largest Hershey’s Store. Shopping at Hershey Park is a satisfying experience.
#5 – Dining
After hours of riding, splashing, and playing, hunger will certainly strike. No problem, because no matter what you’re craving – a drink, snack, treat or meal – you’ll find something for every palate in Hershey Park’s 60 dining locations! If you’ve been here before, check out the new dining options inside Chocolatetown, including The Chocolatier Restaurant, Bar + Patio.
#6 – Seasonal Events
Hershey Park is fully open from May through September, however it offers some fabulous seasonal events throughout the year.
- Springtime In The Park – Beginning in April, Hersheypark opens for 3 fun-filled weekends.
- Hersheypark In The Dark – From September through October, Hershey Park dresses up for Halloween with spooky thrills and frills every weekend.
- Christmas Candylane – Hersheypark is the most festive place to be during the holidays. Would you believe there are now 5 million twinkling Christmas lights? Even the rides and coasters are lit for the season. Visit with Santa, encounter Hershey Characters, and sing along in awe as you watch 250,000 lights dance to the beat of holiday classics. Oh, and don’t forget to grab your sweetheart for a kiss and a photo opp by the Kissmas Tree and Kisses Fountain.
#7 – Best Hershey Park Accommodations
The Inn at Westwynd Farm is the ideal launching and landing pad at the end of a visit to Hershey Park, PA. Choose from one of our elegant yet cozy guest rooms or suites. Snuggle up in luxurious linens in the king-size bed; cuddle up in front of the fireplace on a cool morning or evening; suds up and soak your cares away in a jetted spa tub; and wake up to a gourmet breakfast, which features dishes made with seasonal, locally-sourced fruits and vegetables – they’re as beautiful as they are delicious! Check availability and book your Hershey Park getaway today!