Today we’re sharing a favorite holiday treat: Mincemeat Bars. For those of you who are unfamiliar mincemeat is a delicious mix of fruits and spices. We love to treat our guests to fresh baked refreshments throughout the day in our garden-front dining room – it just adds a homey feel! This one is a go-to for the holidays.
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (27 oz.) jar None Such Ready-to-Use Classic Original Mincemeat
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add oil and milk, stirring until mixture is evenly moistened and crumbly.
- RESERVE 1 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly into bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Top evenly with mincemeat. Sprinkle evenly with remaining crumb mixture and nuts.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Chill if desired. Cut into bars.
Enjoy this special holiday treat! For more easy, delicious recipes like this check out our cookbook- it’s full of all of our guest’s favorites.