Thanks to grocery stores, you can find apples all year long and enjoy this delicious and classic recipe at any time. However, nothing reminds us of the autumn season better than the aroma and taste of a heartwarming and comforting apple crisp. Whether you choose to have it for breakfast, as a snack, or even dinner, your thoughts will be, “When will I be making my next batch?” Take advantage of the fall season and pick your apples fresh. Then bake and enjoy this delicious recipe!
- 4 lbs apples (I prefer Macintosh)
- 1-½ tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1-½ cups of firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples.
- Then, place the apples in a bowl and sprinkle them with lemon juice, sugar, and spices.
- Next, grease a 9×13 baking dish, and spread the apple mixture on the bottom of the dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, and spread them evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Finally, serve your fresh baked apple crisp warm with whipped cream, or ice cream!
This apple crisp recipe makes a wonderful fruit course for breakfast. We offer delicious breakfasts for our guests each morning, and provide recipes of many of our favorites, and our guests’ favorites, on our blog. Be sure to check back regularly for the most recent recipes to add to your collection. Have you tried one at home? Please let us know in the comments section below.