Friends, this baked salmon with a honey mustard and pecan Panko crust is delicious and crunchy, but it takes just 20 minutes to make. Yet, it’s also elegant enough to serve company. If available, be sure to use local raw honey, like Milk & Honey Farm in Harrisburg, PA.
By Jennifer Segal, adapted from Betsy Goldstein’s recipe
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley (optional, for color)
- 4 (6-oz) salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, for serving (optional)
- First, preheat the oven to 450°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, in a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, melted butter, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Then, in another small bowl, mix together the panko, pecans, parsley (if using), and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Next, spoon the honey-mustard mixture evenly over the salmon fillets. (Don’t worry if it drips down the sides a little.) Sprinkle the panko-pecan mixture over the glaze, pressing it lightly so it adheres.
- Finally, bake for 7-10 minutes per inch of thickness, depending on how well done you like your salmon.
- If you find that the topping is browning more than you’d like before the fish is cooked through, loosely cover the salmon with foil.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- If your salmon has skin, it may stick to the foil; to remove the fish from the pan, slide a thin spatula between the skin and the flesh, leaving the skin behind.
- To make this recipe ahead, you can glaze the salmon, coat it with the panko-pecan mixture, and refrigerate it up to 3 hours in advance.
Try a taste of Westwynd Farm at home and let us know what you think of this baked salmon with honey mustard and pecan Panko crust! Plus, be sure to book your next Hershey, PA getaway with us and savor the flavors of our freshly made dishes each day of your stay!
View more Westwynd Farm Recipes