We find it hard to believe it’s been 20 years since we opened our doors as a bed and breakfast on Westwynd farm. Since then, Frank and I have welcomed hundreds of new and returning guests and couples who have come to share special moments with their loved ones: engagements, elopements, weddings, honeymoons, anniversary celebrations, special occasions, holidays… Every guest and every staff member has played such an important role in fulfilling our dreams as innkeepers. We look forward to more years making Westwynd Farm a relaxing and rejuvenating home away from home. Come take a cozy ride down memory lane with us and learn how to enter Inn at Westwynd Farm’s 20th anniversary sweepstakes!
History of Inn at Westwynd Farm
Dreams do come true! From the time she was a baby, our daughter Mary loved horses. As an 8-year-old, she rode her bike daily to a nearby stable earning lessons by cleaning stalls. Then, the barn owner called us to say she had a lot of talent and deserved to have a horse of her own, And they just happened to have a sweet little one—just right for her—for sale. Of course, we said yes. So, the adventure began.
At almost the same time, we were looking for a larger house. We thought to ourselves, why not find a place with a little bit of land and keep Mary’s horse at home? In the spring of 1980, we found the perfect spot – 32 beautiful acres, a large old dairy barn (1858 is carved in one of the rafters), and outbuildings. We built a very simple 4-bedroom house for us and our 3 children. Westwynd Farm was born. Radar (Fortunes Return) was the first horse in the barn, which soon had 24 stalls. Our son Larry also started to ride and show Our other son Roger prefers horsepower fueled by gas rather than oats. Literally from our backyard to the Olympic Trials, it has been an amazing journey.
But wait, there’s more! The kids and stable flourished. We worked hard and had a wonderful time. On our 10th anniversary, we stayed in a B&B and another dream began. We said to ourselves, when the kids are grown and we retire, we could do this. We kept the spark alive for years, and then in 2002, after adding onto the house, we opened the inn. More additions followed, and now 20 years later, we are still enjoying every moment with our marvelous guests, many of whom have become friends.
Westwynd Farm Today
And dreams continue. Our beautiful, gracious, granddaughter Kathleen, is now our innkeeper. A magna cum laude graduate of Johnson and Wales, majoring in Hospitality Management, she is bringing her own passion to the inn. If you ask her why, she will tell you it’s a dream she has had since she was 8 years old.
20th Anniversary Sweepstakes
In honor of our 20th anniversary celebration, we are holding 3 SWEEPSTAKES on social media!
To participate in Inn at Westwynd Farm’s 20th anniversary sweepstakes, please visit or follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram and submit the requested information between July 1-31, 2022 and your name will be entered into a random drawing. Winners will be announced on August 1, 2022 on Facebook, Instagram, and in our monthly newsletter.
You can enter all three sweepstakes for a better chance to win, but you can only win one of the sweepstakes, so we will have three individual winners total. For more details, please read the sweepstakes rules and guidelines below. In the meantime, visit or follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram to stay tuned—you can also subscribe to our newsletter. Good luck!
- No purchase necessary.
- Making a purchase does NOT increase your chance of winning.
- Void where prohibited.
- Contest runs from July 1, 2022 through July 31, 2022.
- Inn at Westwynd Farm is promoting this contest in honor of its 20th Anniversary as a B&B in Hershey, PA. Facebook/Instagram are not affiliated with this contest.
- You must be at least 18 years of age as of July 1, 2022 to enter.
- You must submit your valid entries according to the instructions described on Facebook and/or Instagram for each of the three sweepstakes.
- Only one entry permitted per contestant per sweepstakes.
- Odds of winning are based on the number of valid entries.
- The winner will be chosen via a random drawing by staff of the Inn Westwynd Farm, and announced on August 1, 2022 on Facebook and/or Instagram.
- One winner of each of the following sweepstakes will receive:
- 20 Questions for 20 Years Sweepstakes – a FREE 2-night stay (plus tax) at the Inn at Westwynd Farm.
- Reason to Stay/Best Memory Sweepstakes – 20% off a gift certificate for a future stay (can be redeemed by the winner or given as a gift).
- Photo Contest Sweepstakes – 20% off the next stay with no minimum stay requirement.
- When you participate in any of these sweepstakes, you are giving the Inn at Westwynd Farm permission to release your name and winnings to the public via Facebook, Instagram, and newsletter email.
- Participants may enter all three sweepstakes drawings to increase their chance of winning, but each participant is only eligible to win one of the sweepstakes, so there will be no duplicate winners.
- By entering each sweepstakes, you confirm that you have read and understand these sweepstakes rules.