South American Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Here is another wonderful recipe from our South American adventure. It’s a delightful finish to a spicy Latin meal. This recipe is authentic, easy to make and divine.
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat Oven to 350. Spray 9 x13 with Pam or other cooking spray.
- Stir flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and the ½ tsp of vanilla and beat well
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time. Mix until well blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30minutes.When cake is out of the oven pierce all over with fork
- Combine whole milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk together. Pour over top of cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, the remaining cup of sugar and remaining vanilla together until thick. Spread on top of cake and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Be sure to keep refrigerated.— Enjoy and don’t tell your cardiologist what you are having for dessert.
The Inn at Westwynd Farm is a top rated bed and breakfast in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Guests love our working horse ranch, exceptional food, the activities nearby and ultimate relaxation on property.