Fall is in full swing, and the flavors of the holidays await. Make entertaining for Thanksgiving easier by prepping your stuffing in the slow cooker and save space in your oven with this slow-cooker stuffing recipe from Candace Braun Davison on delish.com!
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. chopped onions
- 2 c. chopped celery
- 2 c. chopped carrot
- 6 c. dry bread cubes
- 2 1/2 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute the onion, celery and carrot for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the vegetables with the dry bread cubes in the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable stock or chicken for every 6 cups of stuffing.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, being sure to stirring occasionally.
- If the stuffing gets too dry halfway through, add a little more chicken stock, a half cup at a time.
Credit: Davison, Candace Braun. delish.com. NOV 22, 2016. Web.