Who says you can’t enjoy a sweet pumpkin treat for breakfast? This pumpkin spice waffle recipe is fabulous for fall or for family holiday gatherings. Plus, our Inn at Westwynd Farm is surrounded by wonderful orchards and farms where you can pick your own pumpkins to make this recipe with fresh pumpkin at home!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- First, preheat waffle iron according to directions.
- Second, in a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil (in liquid form), both kinds of sugar, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and milk together until smooth.
- Then, add the pumpkin pie spice extract and vanilla extract and stir.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Next, stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, just until combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until they are white and fluffy with soft peaks.
- Then, carefully and gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Scoop about 3/4 cup of batter onto the waffle iron and cook (batter will be thick).
- Finally, top with butter, syrup, whipped cream, and/or cinnamon, if desired.
We hope you enjoy this delicious pumpkin spice waffle recipe! Find more recipes from Westwynd Farm.
Recipe from Lovely Little Kitchen.