Recently I made our guests a Chocolate Panettone French Toast with a roasted chocolaty chesnut syrup. I received rave reviews from the guests, so trust me, you must try this one!
- 1 chocolate panettone sliced with a bread knife
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 half cup of half and half
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla (for the batter)
For the Syrup
- Take 1 dozen roasted, peeled chesnuts chopped finely
- Place into a saucepan with a tablespoon of butter
- Add 2 cups maple syrup
- Add 1/2 cup of Hershey’s syrup
- Simmer over medium heat until warm and until all ingredients are incorporated smoothly
For an extra special touch, you can do what I did and use melted wafers to drizzle names onto the plates. Your holiday guests will be wowed!
That’s it! Although this recipe is simple, it is oh so tasty. As with all the finest things in life, it’s simple and elegant.
Always reminding you to cook with love and friendship,