Rachel Glasgow has a daughter named Annalisa and she has severe allergies (peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, soy, bananas, fish, corn, potatoes, ect…) and she has Celiac’s Disease. Sweet Anna loves desserts. What girl doesn’t? So about a month ago Rachel invented a recipe for chocolate gob cake that is “Anna safe. And you won’t believe the “Secret Ingredient” instead of flour!!
Allergy Free Chocolate Gob Cake
- 2 cups of cooked and cooled Quinoa
- (Cook the quinoa in water not broth)
- 1/3 cup of rice milk (if you don’t have rice milk any type of milk will do)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of dairy free shortening( I use palm) or butter ( melted and cooled)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder( I use corn free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Dairy Free Shortening ( I use palm)
- 2 1/2- 3 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 8″ pans and line the bottom of pans with parchment paper.
- Combine milk, eggs, and vanilla in a blender or food processor. Process until just combined. Add cooked quinoa and shortening or butter. Blend until smooth.
- In a Large bowl whisk together the remaining cake ingredients then pour in the wet ingredients from the blender. Whisk until combined.
- Divide batter between the pans. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling racks.
- FROSTING – Cream shortening in a high speed mixer for 12 minutes. Add vanilla and salt. Begin to add powdered sugar in 1/4 cup increments until desired stiffness. Scape down bowl with a spatula every so often for even mixing.
- Frost the cake.
- Place one cake layer gently on serving platter, top with frosting, next cake layer, and finish with some more frosting.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Enjoy a decadent, Allergy Free Gob Cake!! No one will ever know this cake is made with quinoa instead of flour.
Recipe by Rachel Glasgow.