There’s nothing quite as sweet as baking special treats for people you care about. Whether you’re baking this season for friends, family, or that special someone, we’ve got just the thing. Try this sugar cookie recipe to create delectable treats for Valentine’s Day. Then you can get creative with fun cookie cutters, colored frosting, sprinkles, and the toppings of your choice!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or with a spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured surface, roll each half 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut with heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place cutouts 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheet and let cool completely.
- Get creative and decorate however you’d like.
Recipe from Betty Crocker.