We haven’t posted a recipe in a long time but our guests have enjoyed them and we have had so many requests, we had to share another one. We occasionally prepare dinners for special retreat and reunion groups at our Pennsylvania inn and this dish has become a wonderful go-to recipe. It can be sized up or down — looks elegant and tastes wonderful. It’s also a quick family meal. We like it with rice or couscous. The chicken comes out moist and delicious, and the apricots add a little flair. Enjoy!
Total time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves or jam
- 1/2 lemon juice only, (about 2 Tbsp).
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 dried apricots coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay the chicken flat in an oven-safe dish with sides that is just large enough to hold it in a single layer.
- In a large measuring cup or medium bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients except the dried apricots. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Top it with the apricots.
- Bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes until it is just cooked through (chicken should no longer be pink in the middle of the thickest part), or marinate it in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 24 hours before baking it. Alternately, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
We hope you enjoy this delightful recipe!